Thursday, February 18, 2016

Trying out a sock with inspiration from Donna Smith's design

Knitting- knit, knitting, Ravelry pattern, Baa-ble Hat pattern, Free Pattern, Knitting pattern



The Baa-ble Hat pattern in Ravelry fro Donna Smith is a heart winner, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baa-ble-hat, I wanted to try the pattern but didn't want to make a hat. Do, I am trying out knitting a sock now

Needle : 11
Yarn : 4 ply, 100 % acrylic

Cast on 44 -I usually cast on 40 but for the pattern, I had to increase 4 but looks ok so far

- K2P2 rib for 10 rounds in pink and then I made the pattern below for this sock

- then I knit according to the pattern above

- I am not a pro at using multiple colors and doing this pattern in the circular needle was driving me crazy. So, I switch the stitches in 4 needles

- its totally worth it so far
- I am loving it, I will post images as I go through

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easiest needles for socks is 16 inch circular needles.. 2 for ankle and foot sections and 3 when doing the heels.. one for front of sock and 2 needles to hold 1/2 of each side of heel. Makes decreases easier. Just make a habit of keeping count until front and back are the exact number of stitches.